Sometimes, it is good to prepare sweet dishes at your home when you have perfect control over the amount of Sugar in the Pedas and can be very sure about the use of quality ingredients. Of course, these sweets can be prepared hygienically and your relatives would love relishing these delicious, melt-in-the-mouth Pedas.
Here is the list of ingredients, most of which are present right in your pantry for preparation of homemade Pedas.
Homemade Peda Recipe
2 cups of dried milk powder from any milk brand
1 stick of butter or nearly 8 Tablespoon of butter
1 cup of Condensed Milk
1 tablespoon of Cardamom Powder
Few drops of yellow food color or a few strands of Kesar
1 tablespoon of finely sliced pistachios
Method of preparation:
- Use a microwave safe bowl and add 2 cups of milk powder, 8 tablespoons of butter and 1 cup of condensed milk.Heat this mixture in microwave for a minute.
- Take the bowl out of the microwave and add the mentioned quantity of ground cardamom powder to the mix. Freshly ground cardamoms are the best for this purpose. Next, stir the mixture well using a spatula.
- Repeat the heating process of 1 minute for nearly 5 to 6 times.After each heating process, you need to stir the mix.
- After the last or 6th time, the mixture would start to leave the sides and the texture would be pretty workable with.
- Let the mixture, cool down for approx.15 to 20 mins.
- Grease your palms with ghee or butter and make balls out of the mix.
- Create a dent into the balls using the pressure from your thumb.
- Garnish your homemade pedas with finely sliced Pistachios.
So, this was the quick and easy recipe to prepare your homemade Pedas using five simple ingredients.